Quick chicken recipes make dinner a breeze. Laced with lemon and simmered in white wine, this stovetop entree is super easy and elegant. Almost any side—noodles, veggies or bread—tastes better next to this lovely chicken. —Cynthia Heil, Augusta, Georgia
- Total Time Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink, 12-15 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Test Kitchen TipsUnless otherwise specified, Taste of Home recipes are tested with lightly salted butter. Unsalted, or sweet, butter is sometimes used to achieve a buttery flavor, such as in shortbread cookies or buttercream frosting. In these recipes, added salt would detract from the buttery taste desired.Lemon juice in this zesty marinade is an acid, which breaks down the tough proteins in the pork and helps to tenderize it.Here are 100+ chicken recipes to make for dinner tonight.
1 chicken breast half with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 265 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.